Lieutenant Colonel Tegan K. Owen was appointed to her current position of Commanding Officer, Center for Naval Aviation Technical Training, Marine Unit Cherry Point and Detachment Little Rock in July 2018. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Lake Forest College in May 1999. She was commissioned in the United States Marine Corps, by way of the Officer Candidate Course program, in August 1999 and subsequently earned the military occupational specialty of Aircraft Maintenance Officer (6002).
As an Aircraft Maintenance Officer, she served in a variety of operational and staff billets including:
• Maintenance Material Control Officer, Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 121;
• Assistant Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 121;
• Quality Assurance Officer, Marine Aircraft Group 11;
• Assistant Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Aviation Logistics Department, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Pacific;
• U.S. Marine Corps Exchange Officer, Number Three Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force;
• Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Marine Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Squadron 1;
• F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Aviation Logistics and Sustainment Officer, Aviation Logistics Support Branch, Department of Aviation, Headquarters, United States Marine Corps;
• Operations Officer, Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 13;
• Executive Officer, Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 13; and Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Aviation Logistics Division, U.S. Marine Corps Forces Pacific.
In addition to being assigned to billets in her primary specialty throughout her career, Lieutenant Colonel Owen has also served as Protocol Officer and Director, Commander's Action Group for U.S. Marine Corps Forces Pacific.
Lieutenant Colonel Owen graduated from the following professional military education courses: Amphibious Warfare School, Marine Corps University; Command and Staff College, Marine Corps University; and College of Naval Command and Staff (Resident), Naval War College. Upon graduation from the Naval War College, she earned a Master's Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies.
Her personal decorations include the Meritorious Service Medal (third award), Navy Marine Corps Commendation Medal (third award) and Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal (third award).