Face coverings will be required in installation facilities on MCAS Cherry Point effective June 26 at 5 p.m
Collapse All Expand All
Team Cherry Point,
With Halloween in our rearview mirror, we are quickly approaching the 245th birthday of our Corps. And while we will not be able to enjoy the large-scale gatherings of birthday balls, it is still a time to reflect on our history.
Many units will have smaller cake cutting ceremonies that allow for social distancing while honoring the traditions we hold dear. The birthday is immediately followed by Veterans Day, with Thanksgiving close on its heels, which all means we have time to be together as friends and family. Of course this year brings the challenge of navigating the holiday season with COVID-19 active in society.
We have been dealing with the pandemic for some time — this is nothing new. Taking care of ourselves, our family, and our friends should be incorporated into our holiday planning. Ensuring that gatherings remain small with an opportunity for social distancing, wearing a mask when you cannot maintain distance and frequent hand washing will help minimize the risk of spread and keep us healthy through the holiday season.
Stay healthy. Stay positive. Stay strong Cherry Point!
Happy Birthday and Semper Fidelis,
Col Mikel R. “Words” Huber
Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point continues its response to the COVID-19 pandemic. All patrons are reminded that the use of face coverings are MANDATORY when entering installation facilities including, but not limited to: Medical/Dental Facilities; Pass and ID; Commissary; All MCCS Facilities (MCX, CDC, food venues); and Operational Spaces.
The community is reminded to continue hygiene and health protection measures which include:
- Frequent handwashing and disinfecting of common areas.
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick.
- Maintain social distancing to reduce possibilities of spread from those who may be asymptomatic.
- Cover mouth and nose with face covering when in close proximity to others.
- Cover mouth and face during coughs and sneezes.
- Monitor your health.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov for more guidance on preventing the spread of the coronavirus disease.
Face coverings are MANDATORY when entering installation facilities including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental Facilities
- All MCCS Facilities (MCX, CDC, food venues)
- Operational Spaces
* Fitness centers and pools are exempt
Commanders can make operational exemptions when:
- Workspaces are greater than 6 feet apart
- A mask would prevent safe operation of a vehicle
- Operational matters dictate that a mask not be worn
Face coverings are NOT required for people who:
- Have health issues preventing the wearing of a face covering
- Are under the age of 11
- Are actively eating or drinking
- Are conducting strenuous physical or fitness activities
The health protection condition for Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point has been downgraded to HPCON B.
Effective April 1, 2020, essential workers are eligible to receive financial aid for child care through the Emergency Child Care Subsidy Program. Patrons who are designated as an essential worker (as defined in Executive Order 121), and are in need of emergency child care in relation to COVID-19 closures, have a number of resources available to ensure that their families are safe and taken care of. Financial assistance will be offered for the months of April and May.
- To receive information about local options for children from infants through age 12, please call 1-888-600-1685. Families will be connected with child care programs that agree to meet updated health, safety and operational guidelines.
- After calling 1-888-600-1685, contact the recommended child care program to receive the proper enrollment forms.
- If you are an essential worker who needs financial assistance for emergency child care, complete the “COVID-19 Parent Application for Financial Assistance for Emergency Child Care” form and submit it to your child care provider. A hard copy of this form can also be filled out and submitted to your child care facility. TO complete the form please visit: http://ncchildcare.ncdhhs.gov/Portals/0/documents/pdf/C/COVID-19_Parent_Application_for_Financial_Assistance_for_Emergency_Child_Care_04012020.pdf?ver=2020-04-01-085539-233